Proofreading and Editing
What is Proofreading?
Proofreading is the simple process of checking written material for errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and syntax. Proofreading differs from editing in that it refers only to verify the accuracy of what has already been typed or word-processed. It’s the last stage before printing or publishing a text.
Proofreading is most effective when implemented before reading a text from start to finish. This allows you to maintain the author’s style and tone of writing while spotting the common mistakes that most often occur in typing or word-processing.
Why is Proofreading Important?
Proofreading is important for three main reasons:
1) To improve your own writing skills
Proofreading and writing go hand-in-hand. Without first checking your own written work for errors, you may not be able to pick up on problematic areas of your writing. It can help you identify the types of mistakes that make their way into your own work and help develop a better system for avoiding or correcting them as you write.
2) To provide accurate information to readers.
If someone reads an article full of misspelled words and poor grammar, they’re going to assume that either
(a) the author is uneducated;
(b) the author simply didn’t care enough about his/her readers to proofread it;
(c) both options a and b. None of these three responses are positive, so proofreading is important to ensure that what’s being read is accurate and professional.
3) To protect your credibility.
Errors in typing or word-processing can create a sense of unreliability, which leads readers to believe that if you made so many mistakes here, they may have even more errors in the other work you’ve done – including research reports and term papers. And once a reader has formed a negative opinion about one of your works, it becomes increasingly difficult for them to consider any positives about you as an author or writer.
Proofreading Services We Offer at Papersdue.com
As proofreaders ourselves, we understand the importance of offering top-quality services for our customers. That’s why we offer the following proofreading and editing services:
Proofreading for Grammar
Examples of Grammatical Errors We Will Proofread for You:
- Wrong tense usage
- Confusing pronoun pairs
- Agreement with subjects and verbs.
How We Can Help:
Our proofreaders will review your text for any signs of grammatical errors, such as those listed above, and correct them so that they conform to established rules of English grammar.
Proofreading for Spelling and Syntax
Examples of Spelling Errors We Will Proofread for You:
- Wrong word usage
- Incorrect homophone use.
How We Can Help:
Our proofreaders will review your text for any signs of spelling errors, such as those listed above, and correct them so that they conform to the best spellings possible with the English language. Our proofreaders may also identify areas where syntax is incorrect or convoluted, and revise them in a way that makes your work easier to understand while still maintaining your original meaning.
Proofreading for Punctuation and Sentence Structure
Examples of Punctuation Errors We Will Proofread for You:
- Incorrect comma usage
- Missing or unnecessary commas.
How We Can Help:
Our paper proofreaders will review your text for any signs of punctuation errors, such as those listed above, and correct them so that they conform to the best usage possible with the English language. Our proofreaders may also identify areas where the syntax is incorrect or convoluted, and revise them in a way that makes your work easier to understand while still maintaining your original meaning.
When You Should Use Our Proofreading Services
Proofreading isn’t necessary for every type of writing, but it can be very beneficial when used correctly! Here are some examples of documents you should consider employing our proofreading services for:
- Academic essays and term papers: Essays written for academic purposes—like those written as part of a college-entry application process—need to be accurate and professional above all else. That means no typos or poor word choices! If you’re submitting an essay for a school or university application, you should ask our proofreaders to check it over first.
- Marketing and business documents: Documents used to communicate with clients and customers need to be as clean and polished as possible. If your document contains typos or other errors, readers may lose trust in your company immediately! Our proofreading services can help ensure that all of the information presented to potential buyers is professional and error-free.
- Job applications: Whether you’re applying for a job at a local store or sending out applications for high-level positions, typos can make you seem unprofessional and careless. If you want to stand out from the competition—and succeed when called in for an interview—you’ll need our proofreading services to weed out those easily-avoidable errors!
Why choose our proofreading and Editing Services?
We Guarantee You an Error-Free Paper
- We guarantee that you will receive a completely error-free paper after we’re finished editing and proofreading it. If your final edited and proofread document contains any errors, we will revise it until the text is free of them!
We Provide Spelling, Grammar, and Syntax Corrections Only
- Our professional editors and proofreaders do not add any content to your work—we only correct existing issues in order to make your paper easier for the reader to understand. This makes our services much more affordable than other editing providers!
«The cost attached to writing every single essay I have requested is never too much. Their prices are highly affordable compared to what other writing services charge for not-so-quality work.»
We Revise Your Document According to Your Instructions
- Each client is given a personal editor who completes revisions according to his or her personal instructions. If you would like specific terms or ideas to be emphasized in order to convey your intended meaning more clearly, just let us know! Our editors are always happy to accommodate any requests that may improve the overall quality of your paper.
We Are Available 24/7
- Our proofreading and editing services are available to clients around the clock! If you spot an error at any hour, our editors will be able to revise your document accordingly. You can even upload your paper and complete a simple form from the comfort of home!
Need proofreading and editing services? Papersdues.com is here to help! We employ a team of highly-trained proofreaders and editors who are always available to provide you with superior service.